Predict.io is developing a sensor network based on mobile phones. Our product helps our customers solving their problems ranging from detection of free parking over marketing automation to customer flow analytics for retail companies.
We are looking for a skilled developer with machine learning or data analysis experience to accelerate the current technology development. You will report directly to the CTO and be part of a small, focused product team.
Learn more on our website www.predict.io.
- Continuously improve predict.io’s multiple mobile phone sensors based system to detect the state of movement and context.
- Partner with the CTO to design and develop advanced machine learning and predictive analytics capabilities for user movements on mobile platforms and in our backend.
- Participate in the complete data engineering process: define the data collection process, process the collected data, test and train different algorithms, implement the findings in mobile or backend systems.
- Optimize sensor usage to meet required precision and battery usage.
- Deliver high quality and well-tested source code.
- Analyse the collected sensor and location data, generate on-demand reports and build live views on the aggregated data.
- Survive regular Nerf-gun battles in the office.
Not all of it, but most of it:
- Experience in mobile development (Swift or Java/Kotlin) and backend development (Python), ideally in both.
- Passionate about test-driven development.
- DevOps experience (AWS / Docker / Elastic Beanstalk / Ansible / Kubernetes, etc).
- Interested or experienced in machine learning.
- Pragmatic, performance-driven and hands-on mindset.
- Hands-on experience developing (and maintaining) JSON APIs in Python (Flask, Bottle, etc).
- Experience in statistical modeling, algorithm development, and data mining of massive datasets and events.
- Advanced knowledge of automation of deploy processes, continuous integration.
- Practical experience with SQL & NoSQL database systems and scaling for large datasets.
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast-paced international environment.
- Education in software engineering related discipline or equivalent proof of experience.
- Absolutely fluent in English; German is a plus but not mandatory.
- Motivation to be flexible in an agile start-up – things change fast!
What We Offer
- Inspiring high-tech endeavor at the forefront of micro-targeting.
- Ambitious start-up with multinational clients.
- We are financed by large institutions including HTGF and European Commission.
- Passionate, experienced and hands-on management team (eBay, Cisco, Testberichte, Volkswagen, Tchibo, HitFox, etc.).
- Inspiring, intercultural and fun team.
- Believe in authenticity and mutual support.
- Flat hierarchies, fast decisions.
- Remote work is possible.
- Location in the heart of Germany’s start-up city #1: Berlin.
- Nerf gun battles in the office.
Level: Experienced/Entry-Level/ 2 years
Location: Berlin (Mitte), Germany or Remote
Start Date: ASAP
Send us your application to email@example.com